Having an optimistic attitude has long been known for it’s benefit to your health and well-being. You can find really good quotes on optimism that clarify this fact. Pessimism is a bleak outlook that has a very limited scope. In contrast a mind of optimism enables a person to open up to possibilities, no matter what the problem, situation or context is.
If you think about it, an optimistic attitude is actually realistic because we are living in an infinite Universe of possibility!
You can learn to be more optimistic, even in tough times, by practising the attitude and outlook of optimism. Reading about how others manage to maintain this positive state of mind helps to encourage us to do the same and reading optimistic quotes and quotes on optimism can be a quick way to inspire us.
Here are some inspiring quotes on optimism by famous people:
- “Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities – always see them, for they’re always there.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Be an optimist – at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.” – Anonymous
- “Optimism doesn’t wait on facts. It deals with prospects. Pessimism is a waste of time.” – Norman Cousins
- “The capacity for hope is the most significant fact of life. It provides human beings with a sense of destination and the energy to get started.” – Norman Cousins
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you never see the shadow.” – Helen Keller
- “No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.” – Helen Keller
- “Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.” – Mohandas Gandhi
- “Remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall – think of it, always.” – Mohandas Gandhi
- “The predominant quality of successful people is optimism…. Your level of optimism is the very best predictor of how happy, healthy, wealthy, and long-lived you will be.” – Brian Tracy
- “Success comes in cans, failure in cant’s.” – Anonymous
- “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.” – Brian Tracy
- “Your hopes, dreams and aspirations are legitimate. They are trying to take you airborne, above the clouds, above the storms, if you only let them.” – William James
- “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can.” – Anonymous
- “When I look at the world I’m pessimistic, but when I look at people I am optimistic.” – Carl Rogers
Did you find these optimism quotes and sayings useful? What are your favourite ‘quotes of optimism?’